Since the RNLI was founded in 1824, its lifeboats, and since 2001, its lifeguards, have saved more than 140,000 lives.
The original RNLI Queensferry Lifeboat Station opened in 1967 at Hawes Pier in a wooden building - previously the ticket office for the ferries running between South and North Queensferry prior to the opening of The Forth Road Bridge.
1989 saw the replacement of the building with a new station in its place, going on to be home to a total of four Lifeboats the last of which was The Donald and Ethel Macrae.
After more than two decades in the same building RNLI Queensferry moved once again, in 2012, into a new, purpose built station building further down Hawes Pier, housing the Atlantic 85 Lifeboat Jimmie Cairncross.
This new premises with an impressive boat house enables the Lifeboat to be pushed straight down the pier, ready to launch, thus saving vital minutes. The Station also has spacious crew changing facilities, office space and a bright meeting/training room with panoramic views of the Forth Bridges. The building is also home to the Queensferry Lifeboat Shop.